|City Of Camrose|
|Phone: 780-672-4426||6220 48 Ave|
|Camrose , T4V 0K6|
|Emergency Services Dispatcher - Casual|
|EMERGENCY SERVICES DISPATCHER - CASUAL
CAMROSE POLICE SERVICE - An Equal Opportunity Employer
Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding career where you can really make a difference? Have you ever considered being an Emergency Services Dispatcher?
The Camrose Police Service is accepting applications to fill casual positions in the Communications/Dispatch Centre. These positions will require the successful candidates to have a flexible schedule and the ability to come to work on short notice.
Reporting to the Communications Manager, this position provides support to the public, Police Service members, Bylaw Officers and City/County Fire Departments.
DUTIES/RESPONSBILITIES (but not limited to):
- Various administrative duties including data entry, typing informations, court documents, processing collisions and operational files.
- Receiving, recording and dispatching complaints received from the public and relaying information by radio.
- Dispatching emergency/non-emergency calls to Police Officers, Bylaw Officers and Fire Departments using computer aided dispatch (CAD).
SOME THINGS TO CONSIDER:
- Working nights and dayshifts including weekends and holidays.
- Work on short notice and overtime to meet operational needs.
- Will experience crisis situations and must have the ability to multi-task during these events. These tasks include taking phone calls, relaying information to responders, conducting database queries, listening/responding to radio traffic all while remaining calm.
- Will experience fatigue working 10-12 hour night and dayshifts.
- High School Diploma (or equivalent).
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written) and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of Windows Operating Systems.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word.
- Ability to type 50 words per minute.
- Ability to multi-task while using a 2-way radio system in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to deal with the public and other agencies in a friendly, courteous manner.
Due to the nature of this position and requirement for attention to detail in a high stressed environment, a suitability test may be conducted.
Each applicant must have a Police Information Check completed and attached to their resume.
A complete job description may be viewed at the Police Station.
Individuals interested in this position are invited to submit a cover letter and resume to the address below or in person.
Position will remain open until all suitable candidates found. Interviews will be conducted throughout the process.
We appreciate and consider all applications; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
CONTACT: Camrose Police Service
6220 - 48th Avenue Camrose, Alberta T4V 0K6
© 2011 - 2023 All Content Copyright Community Home Directory Incorporated.
Located in Camrose, Alberta, Canada.