|Heavy Metal Equipment & Rentals|
|4613 41 St|
|Fax: 780-672-8599||Camrose , T4V 2Y8|
|Labourer - Shop/Field Attendant|
|JOIN OUR TEAM! Come see what all the fuss is about.
If you are an enthusiastic team player, Heavy Metal Equipment & Rentals is the place for you! We are celebrating 20 years of business and are excited for the next 20!
In pursuing this position with us, you are opening the door to a fulfilling career with a dynamic company that continues to grow and develop. We know that great people are the key to the success of our business!
We are currently accepting resumes for a Shop & Field Attendant in a safety-sensitive environment at our Camrose location that is motivated, committed and wants to grow with us.
The Shop & Field Attendant is an entry level position that may open the door to greater opportunities within our organization. Apprenticeship programs may be available to successful candidates who are interested, dedicated, hardworking, and exemplify excellent performance, attitude and the desire to move into an apprenticeship role.
Shop & Field Attendants are an integral part of the team in a supporting role to ensure the high-quality maintenance of the heavy equipment. Attendants will be expected to work Monday to Friday for a minimum of 8 hours per day, with opportunity for up to 10 hours, based upon workload and demand.
In this position, Shop & Field Attendants are generally required to stand for the entire shift and lift in excess of 50 pounds. Being physically capable of doing the job is a necessity. An excellent Shop & Field Attendant will be:
- Flexible in their approach to addressing daily tasks as the priorities will continually change
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Proactive in completing tasks
- Highly motivated
- Eager to learn
- Able to demonstrate high levels of initiative
To meet the demands of this position effectively, Attendants must be able to:
- Adhere to and comply with all safety and environmental policies and initiatives
- Complete hazard assessments to a high standard acceptable by OH&S
- Arrange equipment in the yard in an organized fashion
- Work with the supply chain to maintain accuracy of storage and provide assistance with picking up and delivering parts as requested
- Assist with shipping and receiving, as requested
- Perform minor maintenance
- Assist technicians, as requested
- Copy and file maintenance and rental documents in compliance with established processes
- Grounds maintenance; keeping shop and yard clean of all debris
- Organize tire inventory
What we need from you?
- Someone who takes pride in their work
- Mechanical background, basic mechanical aptitude and familiarity with basic tools
- Heavy equipment experience would be considered an asset
- Class 5 advanced Driver's license with a clean driver's abstract (*as you move into the apprenticeship track Air Brakes will be required)
- Strong organizational skills to prioritize workload and create efficiencies in daily tasks
- Must be able to follow direction well
- Must have an excellent safety attitude, promoting and contributing to a strong safety culture and demonstrated commitment to safe work practices
- Collaborative communication style with strong verbal, written and comprehension skills
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Able to lift 50 pounds without assistance
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
As part of our Hiring Process, YOU will be asked to:
- Provide a minimum of a Class 5 Driver's License (Advanced) and clean Driver's Abstract
- Provide a criminal record check
- Complete drug and alcohol screening with a negative result
- Complete a fitness evaluation related specifically to your position
- Provide copies of current certifications (if you do not have any of the training required to be on site, we will provide it for you)
- Comply with federal, provincial and Heavy Metal/client worksite regulations regarding COVID-19
Please Note: Employment is conditional upon successfully meeting ALL of the hiring requirements.
Helping you Move the Earth!
Heavy Metal Equipment & Rentals is North America's largest heavy equipment rental company that supplies, repairs and maintains products and rental services to all four earth-moving industry sectors:
- Mining equipment
- Construction equipment
- Pipeline equipment
- Forestry equipment
We are very excited that we have opportunity and growth in supporting our clientele in their Heavy Equipment needs!
When you join the Heavy Metal Team, you are also joining the Heavy Metal family. People are our most valuable asset and we are committed to ensuring the health, safety and well-being of everyone in the workplace.
Our Commitment to YOU:
- Group Benefits (Health, Dental and so much more)
- Matching RRSP and Bonus Program
- Positive team environment
- Current tooling and equipment
- A work environment dedicated to your safety
- Site specific training
- Safety training
- Advancement opportunities
If you want to be part of a workplace that empowers you to achieve and succeed, we encourage you to forward your resume and cover letter by fax to 780-672-8599 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org indicating Shop & Field Attendant - Camrose in the subject line.
We thank you for your interest in this position; however only those selected will be contacted for further pre-employment screening and interviews.
Employment is conditional on negative pre-employment drug and alcohol screening result and the ability to meet the physical demands of this position. This posting will remain open until suitable candidates are found.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Bonus pay
- Overtime pay
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- COVID-19 considerations:
We have taken every precaution to ensure the health and safety of our teams by providing: strict protocols/practices to meet legislated, client & company needs, additional PPE and modified the worksites to mitigate the risks for everyone's protection.
- mechanical: 1 year (preferred)
- heavy equipment: 1 year (preferred)
Class 5 (non-GDL) (required)
© 2011 - 2022 All Content Copyright Community Home Directory Incorporated.
Located in Camrose, Alberta, Canada.